Collection & Use of Information
Information we maintain on behalf of our Customers
The Amity service (the “Service“), as further described at getamity.com (the “Site“), is a Customer Success Platform that actively monitors information about your customer’s behaviour, outcomes, health and provide automated workflows.
Information we collect and use
- Some of our Services require you to create an account. If you create an account, we collect information such as name, company name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, payment card information, as well as a username and password that you provide. We use this information in order to provide the Services you request and to process payments. We may also use this information to offer you tailored content within some of our Services.
- If you sign-up for a free trial, demo, event, webinar or other offers, we may collect your name, job title, email address, phone number and certain information about your company. We use this information to contact you and otherwise facilitate or provide you with your offer.
- If you sign-up to receive marketing communications from Amity, we collect your name and email address in order to send you mail or e-mail regarding products and services that we believe are of interest to you. Similarly, if you subscribe to receive email notifications regarding a discussion on our Website, we collect your email address in order to send you the notifications you request. You may also be added to our marketing list when you create an Amity account. If you do not want to continue to receive such marketing and promotional communications from us, you may “opt-out” at any time by using the unsubscribe mechanism in any of our emails or by contacting us as set out under “Contact Us” below). Please note that you may continue certain transactional and account-related messages from us.
- If you apply for a job at Amity, you may provide us with certain personal information about yourself (such as that contained in a resume, cover letter, or similar employment-related materials). We use this information for the purpose of processing and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities.
- If you contact us with a question, comment or complaint, we may collect your name and contact information (such as your email address or mailing address) in order for us to respond to your request. We may also keep a record of the correspondence in order to assist you in the future.
- If you post or otherwise provide us with comments, suggestions and other feedback, we may use your comments, suggestions or feedback to monitor and/or improve our products, Services and Website.
Tracer Tags & Web Beacons: The Websites may also use a technology called “tracer tags” or “Web Beacons”. This technology allows us to understand which pages you visit on the Websites. These tracer tags are used to help us optimize and tailor the Websites for you and other future visitors to the Websites.
Transfers and Disclosures of Personal Information
Service Providers: In connection with our website or the Services we provide to our Customers, we may transfer personal information to third-party service providers who provide services on our behalf. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize to use or disclose personal information for their own purposes. For example, we may use service providers to provide search, send email or other communications, generate leads, process payments, and run our contests and surveys. For additional information about the way in which our service providers treat personal information, please contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below.
Sale of Business: We may disclose or transfer personal information to a third party as an asset in connection with a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of Amity, or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control.
Legal obligations: We, our affiliates and our Canadian, U.S. and other service providers may provide your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable Canadian, US or other law (which may include lawful access requests by courts, law enforcement and government institutions in such foreign jurisdictions). Where disclosure of our Customer’s information is required by applicable law, we promptly notify our Customer prior to complying with such requirements (to the extent we are not prohibited from doing so).
We may also disclose personal information where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspect loss or harm to persons or property.
Aggregate Data: We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly or to potential Customers, such as to show trends about the general use and effectiveness of our services.
We understand that data security is a critical issue for our Customers. We maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards in an effort to protect personal information in our custody and under our control against unauthorized access, use, modification, and disclosure.
Your online access to certain of your personal information may be protected with a password you select. We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone. We will never ask you for your password in any unsolicited communication (such as letters, phone calls or email messages).
We have personal information retention processes designed to retain personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or provided to us or to otherwise meet legal requirements.
Accuracy & Access
If we receive a request from an individual to access or update personal information we maintain on behalf of a Customer, we will direct that individual to the relevant Customer. We will assist our customers wherever possible in responding to individual access requests.
Subject to limited exceptions prescribed by law, you may otherwise request access, updating or correction of your personal information under our control by submitting a written request and satisfactory identification to Amity at the contact information set out under Contact Us below.